Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Letter D


I'm behind on my WordPlay letters, so without further ado...today is being brought to you by the letter D.

D is for:

Dah-link- A fun phrase to use on people in email.

D'oh- Homer Simpson's catch phrase, used a lot around here in conversation.

Drive- I love to drive. Anytime. Anywhere. Go Go Go.

Dinner - My favorite meal of the day. Breakfast I'm not awake enough to enjoy, lunch I'm in a hurry and don't want to take a lot of time to eat, but dinner is great.

Dime- Lot's of colloquialisms involve dimes. One thin dime, nickel and dimed, dime a dozen.

Duty-See Dharma.

Dress- I used to wear a lot of dresses. I wear some during the summer now, usually ones that I've dyed. I did love wearing GunneSax by Jessica McClintock when I was a teen. They were so lacy and romantic and frilly, but expensive. So my mom took me up to San Francisco to the outlet store, where we had to wait in line til it opened. I remember it was across the street from the Red Vines factory and there were wrappers and licorice in the street. The outlet was packed with mom and daughter couples scrapping it up over prom dresses. But we scored and I was outfitted with the perfect dress and several skirts. Loved them to death, they finally fell apart.

Dues- Have I paid mine yet? I don't think so, not quite.

Dread-My favorite feeling when I watch a scary movie. I'm fascinated by how movie makers can make me really feel Dread with a capital D. It doesn't need gore, or shock, but there are some elements that always work on me: music, foreshadowing, good acting, close views of actors.

Dyeing-Something I love to do. I'd do it every day if I could keep my dyeing workspace cleaned up and ready to use. It is always a surprise and always worth the time it takes. I can never find those colors or those combinations or patterns in a store. I love the satisfaction and fulfillment it gives me to create the whole thing from start to end.

Dying-Not something I'm worried about anymore. No, really. I only worry about those who would be left behind and how they would react. It helps, learning and believing in reincarnation. I can honestly say I'm looking forward to another turn around the wheel.

Dharma- Dharma Trading where I buy my dyes, supplies,tools and clothing blanks. What a fun store to visit in person too.

Also, Dharma as in religious teachings or religious duty .

Dipper-My favorite ride at the SantaCruzBeachBoardwalk.

Dercum's Disease- That's what I've got unfortunately.

Dirt- I have to get my hands in the dirt on a regular basis. Even if it is just weeding for a couple of minutes. During this long illness I'm going through periods where that is a challenge. Very frustrating. I have big plans for the garden and all of them involve LOTS of getting dirty.

Dahlias- One of those flowers I keep trying to grow without much luck, either disease or neglect to water frequently enough. I'll keep trying because I like 'em so much.

Dingoes Ate My Baby- No, no no, not the atrocious movie, but Oz's band in Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

That's it for D!

No comments: