Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Sense Feast

Here we are at the very last week of DebR doing the Getting to Know You feature at Create a Connection.
This one was harder than it looked at first! Thanks for a great month of questions Deb!


A Feast for the Senses
1. What are some of your favorite smells? What's a smell that many other people seem to like, but you don't?


Favorite smells include most flowers, rain, the ocean, my favorite people (clean or not), beeswax, pipe smoke (but not cigarettes, sometimes cigars), many foods.
Smells that you might like, but I definitely don't: potpourri, over-scented candles, detergent.







2. What are some of your favorite tastes? What's a taste many other people seem to like, but you don't?
Favorite tastes are dark chocolate, real cream, mint anything, intense, spicy stuff.


A taste many others seem to like, but I don't: pie or cheesecake.











3. What are some of your favorite textures? What's a texture that many other people seem to like, but you don't?

Favorite textures would include furry, soft, plush, velvety, tickly, sandpapery, complex.


Textures I don't like that you probably do: tapioca, or its close drinkable relative, bubble tea. Bleah!

4. What are some of your favorite sounds? What's a sound that many other people seem to like, but you don't?

Some of my very Favorite sounds are: music, bells, singing, cat purring, dog purring (yes, really!), seagulls (and most birds), friendly voices.
Sounds I don't like that you may: Cellphones, I don't like hearing yours ring, or hear you talking to whoever and interrupting whatever else is going on around you. I also have a problem with super loud music in cars next to me, if I can hear it in my car with my windows rolled up and my music going, I bet you won't be able to hear the ambulance coming up behind us!. A lot of badly made machinery bugs me now, if there is an askew fan, or a laboring motor it gets on my nerves.


5. What are some of your favorite sights? What's a sight that many other people seem to like but you don't?


Favorite sights are the great outdoors, my people, new things, the moon, colorful, complex surfaces. (can you spot the moon in this picture?)


A sight I don't like that you just might, the fashions being worn by women trying to keep up with their teenagers.











Bonus: If you could greatly enhance just one sense - say for instance see as many colors as a bird, or smell as many distinct scents as a dog - which sense would it be and why



I would want to be able to enhance my sight, to be able to see really super closeup, zoom in like a scanning electron microscope, and then zoom back out to normal sight.

3 comments:

Arty Lady's blog said...

I do agree with your answers, they are wonderful

Anonymous said...

Hi!
Great answers! I especially like how you described having increased sight! That would be awesome. :)

Vedrana M. said...

nice answers and photos are beautiful