Saturday, August 31, 2024

August Cornucopia

August was undoubtedly a hot one! Hopefully I was outside in the garden or walking my dog. I was probably inside reading or enjoying something online for part of the time. Here are some links to those things I think are worth passing on to you. 

🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴

Here's a useful explanation for those who have noticed coconuts and palm trees in people's signatures on social media, it's all in support of Kamala Harris, but why? Now you know.

🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴

I can't even quantify how much I want these indigo dyed shoes, so beautiful. And the picture with the indigo dyed hand holding the shoe is gorgeous as well.

🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴

You've heard of ice dyeing, but how about bubble dyeing? What a cool idea, I think I might need to try this out, but not on a super windy day. Although that could be another technique entirely.

🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴

I really like this Kamala design from Modern Quilt Studio, with all proceeds going to the campaign.

🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴

Be sure and check out the auction preview for SAQA's annual benefit. Over 440 pieces are available.

🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴

This interview and the accompanying pictures with Beatrice Mayfield: The Queen of Beads are terrific. She beaded one of the pieces in the HBO show House of the Dragon. So interesting to see her other work.

🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴

Hmmm, maybe I should actually clean my iron proactively. Not a thing I've done, but I'm going to try it.

🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴

Amazing news in Science, UC Berkeley researchers have discovered a possible solution to the ever-present Plastics Problem.  Kind of hopeful really, let's hope it can work at scale.

🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴

A new song from a favorite band is always an unexpected pleasure. This video though is super interesting and I'd love to learn how to do this sort of digital art. Don't Get Me Started - The Smile

🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴

New to me podcasts: From The Smithsonian - There's More To That. and Factually! with Adam Conover.

Essential listening that I still recommend, the latest season of Rachel Maddow's Ultra, it's the context setting that will help you to understand what's going on in the country right now.

No comments: