Saturday, August 17, 2024

December Plus Extras

 

I finished sewing together the November column of the Temperature Quilt, and put up the pieces for the final month left to assemble: December (2023). This is a picture of the state of the box of pieces sorted by temperature range. There's a lot left! I think I cut out a lot of the extras before I'd thought to count up how many I needed. The five empty Wonderclips clipped onto just the paper labels show which temperature ranges I didn't over-cut for.
On the left is the finished November column. When it came down to putting up December, I had to cut exactly one piece for the 51-55 range to finish it off. And finally there's the 68 left-over half-hexies arranged in an interesting but improbable manner.  Well, they'll at least make for an interesting pillow sham or maybe just a part of the quilt back.  

I'm feeling like the end is in sight with this project!

No comments: