Tuesday, August 06, 2024

Free Thread Nets

 

I didn't take a before picture, but these sketchy knit sleeves were on each Spider Mum in a bouquet my DH bought me. As I slipped them off, I remembered seeing something like these for sale at a quilt shop recently.
Yep! They work and on all sorts of spools and cones. I love recycling and this was a really low-effort one.
I think they work really well on these medium sized cones of rayon thread. It's such a slippery thread that it never likes to stay wound up.

Here's how the Spider Mums look out of their nets.  So fresh and fancy and frilly.

DH said that he chose that bouquet specifically because of the nets and how "the flowers looked so weird, I knew you'd love them." True true.

2 comments:

Jaye said...

Hooray for recycling!! I love that last photo! It would be a complex applique', but beautiful as well.

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

Recycling, woohoo! You're right that would be a really complex one to do as appliqué.