Monday, August 05, 2024

City Sampler Top Done?

 I'm so pleased that the City Sampler quilt top is all together. I won't call it finished yet as I had been planning on doing a pieced border of some kind but I'm still thinking about that. It's pretty big (takes up most of the design wall) already but for it to work as a quilt for our bed it needs to be bigger. It's already at the too big for me to quilt stage, so I don't have to worry about the size as a decision factor. The City Sampler pattern calls for I think a 6" border of the same fabric used in the sashing. which would look really good. If I do the pieced border, I would use a smaller width initial border of the grey sashing fabric to set it off from the quilt top.

2 comments:

Jaye said...

It looks so great! I can see how you considered not putting a border on it. It looks great as is. I also think your idea of putting something in the border could be effective. I think you would have to piece small to mimic the size of the piecing in the other blocks. I am not sure 10 inch squares would work.

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

Yes, I'm definitely reconsidering the 10" squares idea.