Thursday, November 17, 2022

Puttering Back

For my first foray back into the workroom, I chose to work on something small and that was ready to go. My next Pantone Project blocks. This array of fabrics vs. postcards has been waiting for my attention for a while so I didn't have to exert myself by lugging fabric boxes and digging through them.
I got out all of my Quilter's Select rulers to get down to work. I really love these things,  I needed that extra stability today.

I'm randomly choosing blocks that I haven't made yet until I've gone through all of them at least once. This is the printout from the pattern friend Jaye helpfully drew out for us to use in EQ8.
It took hours and a long nap break but I got four of them done! Well, actually eight blocks, one for me and one for Jaye.

Here's how all the blocks I've made + plus Jaye's blocks look. She's got a great post up about her work on this project so far, check it out.

And here's how they look after messing around a bit. Fun stuff so far, I'm loving the variety of tones and such, a lot of variation in there. And wow was it was great to actually sew something again, my brain is slowly coming back online. Two days with no fever, hurrah and fingers crossed it was just some weirdo reaction to an antibiotic (temporary medicine-induced lupus?!) 

 

2 comments:

Jaye said...

This post makes a lot more sense now that I know you didn't receive the package of blocks until after you wrote it. I was super confused.

The brown batik (?) angled block has a really interesting look. I might have to try that one with a bright pink or something to go with brown. Did you use FPP?

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

I didn't FPP, I pieced it, so hopefully it's close to the right angle.