Saturday, July 20, 2019

Working the Edges

One of the projects on my FAL this quarter is this piece, Shenzhen Skies. As you can see it has a very very irregular edge. I have a note pinned to the back that reads: "Square Up??"
Instead of doing that, I thought I'd see how it looks by just rolling the edges back a bit on themselves and then stitching them down. Here I've done the top and the right edge, and I think I like how it is looking so far. I think I'll do the other two sides and then decide whether "squaring-up" would be better.

1 comment:

Jaye said...

I kind of like it un-squared up, especially that pink raggedy edge. There is something about the unevenness that makes me think of what you told me about living there. I can't exactly say what, but pieces of the whole experience are floating through my head.