Wednesday, July 24, 2019

Wandering Wednesday - Over the Bridge

It was one of those foggy days on the Golden Gate Bridge last week going over to San Rafael to drop my quilt off with Colleen Granger. I think I take this picture every time I am a passenger going over. But it looks different every time. It's still exciting because I don't go over it all that often.
 Taking side streets back because of traffic we came to a T intersection with this in front of us. We both gasped at the beauty. From far away it looked like a mosaic or mural on a wall and then it became stairs as we got closer.
 It's a fairly new (2015) tiled staircase up to Lincoln Park, also known as the Lincoln Park Steps, next door to Katherine Delmar Burke private girl's school. It's just a gorgeous Beaux Arts design in ceramic tile, beautiful execution. Public works like this are remarkable.

1 comment:

Jaye said...

Thanks for looking up the details. I thought it was older. I with there was more art like this. The urban landscape is so grey. It would be nice to introduce more colors. Of course, we could just plant more trees!