Saturday, July 06, 2019

ICAD - Third Ten



 Getting into the swing of this daily project. I'm back to combining collage along with pen and pencil and watercolor pencils.
 This one is pretty successful in this vertical direction even though I was working on it horizontally. Another teabag pithy quote: "Don't carry your mistakes around. Instead place them under your feet to use as stepping stones."
The "black" watercolor pencil is not really black, but more of a very dark brown/red/purple.
 Pen and watercolor pencil.
It was all yellow. Just like the song.

 This one got my fingers messy in the end with all the graphite that I layered over the surface.

 I don't know why this one photographed so poorly, it is overall blue.
 I like the background of this one better than the central image.
I think this is my favorite out of this group of ten.  Finding fine line pens that stand up to water, that's important if you want to combine techniques. Otherwise all your pen work is just *poof* gone.
That's what happened with this one, I forgot that the colored Stabilo pens that I was using weren't waterproof, so a bunch of marking just went away. But I still like how this one turned out.

No comments: