Wednesday, May 08, 2019

Wandering Wednesday - Scotland

 I was recently looking through our pictures from our trip to Scotland in 2015 and noticed how many detail photos of ironworks I had. So here's a selection of some of the good ones. A lot of times they give me ideas for quilting line work.
 Some of them are very detailed.

  Love that font and the squiggles at the ends of the lines.

 Sometimes there are even super detailed faces
 A very Modern fence over the River Ness in Inverness. This would make a great border quilting pattern.
 Grids over grids and an interesting shaped handle.
 Climbing wall? No, I think it was weapons storage or something. Is this patina or painted, not sure.

 I love those captured circles so much.  Reminds me of the bubble fill stitch.

 Converging lines in a greenhouse ceiling.
Some Celtic knots.

No comments: