Friday, May 24, 2019

Triangle Study Stitching



 I started stitching on the Triangle Study this week. My plan is to stitch the each edge of each triangle with a matching color and extend those lines all the way off the edges of the quilt. It's gonna be a net!
I actually marked my quilting lines with chalk (I never do this!) because I wanted them as straight as I can get them. I also used my walking foot, which I now like quite a lot. The good ol' Steady Betty hand wraps work great even for straight line quilting.

The first lines I did were the red-orange color.

Each day I stitched a different color thread. 

It's looking more and more net-ish as planned.

 I have just one thread color left to go, and I love how the net effect is happening so far.

It's so complicated and reminds me of a map or criss-crossing power lines.

1 comment:

Jaye said...

It looks really great! I can't wait to hear how the Chacoliner worked.