Tuesday, May 07, 2019

Product Review: Martelli Roundabout


I got this Martelli Roundabout set a few months ago, but I hadn't had a chance to use it yet. But I was working on the BOTEOM and got it into the action. 
Wow, did it ever make it easier to trim up the blocks as I worked. Now I get why block makers recommend these!
Not having to move the block around, just twirling the cutting surface easily and smoothly is a big time saver and I can see how it will add to overall accuracy in block-making. It's not too noisy considering how many ball bearings there are in the base. It moves so smoothly and effortlessly when you want it to, it doesn't slip and move while you're cutting.

It also came with an ironing surface, which you put on the carousel base after removing the cutting surface. It works very well, but I'm not sure how I'll put it into use in my workroom. It's a little large to bring to a class. For now I'm using the bright yellow ironing pad as a cover to keep the cutting surface clean.

If you do a lot of quilt block making I'd recommend this!

No comments: