Wednesday, May 22, 2019

Product Review: Martelli Roundabout - Update

 As I posted a few weeks ago in my initial product review, the Martelli Roundabout is pretty darn handy when you're making quilt blocks. But after using it for a bit, I have to say I'm getting concerned about the knicks and cuts in the surface.
Here's a closer picture. I'm using the Martelli rotary cutter and Martelli blades, and this does not look self-healing at all. Granted it's made of different material than the Olfa mat surface that I'm used to, but this doesn't seem very sustainable for long-term use. I think I'll contact them and find out if this is normal wear and tear or if I'm supposed to be doing something different.

1 comment:

Jaye said...

Interesting! I'd love to hear what they say about the self healing aspect.