Thursday, May 02, 2019

Product Review: Stash 'n Store


I recently bought myself a Stash n' Store and thought I'd write a little review now that I've been using it for a couple of weeks.
The place I bought it had several colors available, but they weren't for me, but I really like gray, so that was the one that I chose.
I wish I'd looked at it in the store, because this is not gray, to my eyes it is most definitely beige. Sigh.

 It's a nice shape and size, and I like the look of the openings in the top surface. They're made out of a flexible sort of grippy plastic. The bottom part is very smooth and slick, and I like how the corners are so rounded. It's a good size that will fit in many spots on my worktable.

I was a little worried that it wouldn't work for the heavier scissors I have, because it isn't very heavy itself. But it's no problem, even with these large scissors on one end.  As you can see it fits pens, scissors and a seam ripper quite handily. The items come in and out very easily, but they feel secure not tippy and stay separated from each other so you can grab the tool you need. Much easier than in the tool carousel I currently use where they get tangled together or are hidden underneath each other.

My only concern is eventually needing to clean the thing, if I'm using it in a place where a lot of threads and fabric particles are accumulating. I'd imagine that it could be soaked in water and then dried upside down on a towel pretty easily. Beyond this and the color issue, I think it's a great choice for a small organizer if your workspace needs one.

No comments: