Yes, I'm finally all finished with the dress. I figured out how to draft the missing neck facing pattern pieces so that it would work (pshew), that was the hold up. And the set-in sleeves weren't too hard once I got the gathering right. I really liked using the serger to finish the raw edges, it saves a huge amount of time.
Here's a view of the back. As you can see, it hits me right above the knee, so it feels terribly short to me. I'm not sure if I'll be comfortable wearing it or not...The pattern package suggests wearing it over jeans or tights, which might be good, we'll see how daring I feel, and whether or not the nasty rash from the blackberry vine attack on my leg heals up.
I'm probably a little too pleased with myself, oh well, you can sue me if you must. I'm just glad to:
- have actually FINISHED something I said I was going to do
- something that is cute
- and wearable
- and oh, by the way, done!