This round we were actually doing figures, each artist starting with a "head" on a long skinny rectangle divided into squares. We are also adding words depending on which section we are working on.
In this picture you can see the 1/2" that I got to go on as my clues. I figured that the yellow bit on the left was the bottom of the arm, and the stripes were the bodice of a garment. So I got this far with a torso/hip section, and thought I was done, but then realized, no, it needed more.
First of all the hand needed to be holding something, and the "belt" needed a bit more oomph. I also had to add the words that are part of the game this time.
I found this turquoise bead in my collection that I thought looked like an egg, I wanted an egg shape to go with the skirt material nesting egg print. The bead is quite flat too, so it fit on the quilt very nicely. I stamped the words with one of my favorite alphabet stamps on some of my hand-dyed cotton, this was then hand-stitched on with orange perle cotton.
I did a lot of decorative stitching on the skirt to add more texture. I think I would wear a skirt that looked like this. I probably wouldn't walk around holding a blue egg. but that's another thing.