Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Jarred Olives

Here are how the olives are looking. Don't they look cool and possibly yummy?
They soaked for a couple more weeks than they were supposed to, and have now become "my" olives. As in, I drained them daily and put them in the brine jars. Not a surprise of course. But I was hopeful once more that the responsibility wouldn't fall to me and my swiss-cheese-for-brain. Follow-through is a big challenge around here, and I'm including myself in that comment!

We've got a few more weeks to go before we can open them up and try them. The brine is mainly salt and vinegar with a few sliced lemons, and oil floating on top to seal everything in.
And why not a kaleidoscope of my efforts!

1 comment:

Jaye said...

Too bad about the vinegar otherwise I would try them. I'll look forward to hearing how they are.