Monday, July 27, 2009

Progress On Yin-Yang bag

Well, an update, the Yin-Yang bag is going together. So far so good, the instructions are clear, and I haven't screwed up anything yet (that I know of anyways). I've got all of the parts machine sewn together with the batting and turned right-sides out. Those bag handles were a bit hard to turn, as they got a little smallish at the top of the arc, but with my trusty hemostat it worked out. The Guatemala stripe and the quilting cotton are playing nicely together so far. Although the woven stripe is much more ravelly on the edges.

Next step is hand-sewing up the turn openings and then the parts all get machine sewn down together. So I'm within hailing distance of a finished bag!


I can see already that this is going to be much smaller than I thought, like it is not going to be big enough for my current wallet, so I hope it will be useful somehow. Or maybe I just need a smaller wallet. And hey, if I have a small purse then perhaps certain young gentlemen will stop giving me things to carry "since I have a big bag" when we are out and about.





Yang and Yin instruct the mind in Wisdom, teaching Consequences. ~ Lao Tsu

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So happy you are enjoying the pattern! Can't wait to see the finished product.
Jamie Kalvestran, Scrap-bags™