Thursday, July 30, 2009

Deer Follies

Who is that sleeping under my family's trampoline? (Picture taken through my bedroom window).
The newest mama deer that's who. I guess it counts as shade. But it is funny that they crawl under there to hang out. I haven't gotten any good pictures of the baby fawn yet, she moves around too much to get a clear picture.

Here she is, she just loves to pick apples. Amazing to see them balance on their hind legs as they stretch up to grab the green apples off the tree.

Pshew, got one down. Guess they like sour, because those apples are pretty far away from ripe.

Pretty cute huh? Noisy when they're romping around at night, but I am getting used to it.

And very very thorough, they don't leave any green bits or apples behind.

1 comment:

Darling Petunia said...

Oh my gosh! When I saw that second picture I thought it was some kind of anteater or something! Yikes!

We have some deer families nearby too. I try to look out for them.