Thursday, June 14, 2007

It Is A Bloggy Bloggy World


Some more fun questions from the Getting To Know You hostess, Charlotte over at Create a Connection.


When did you begin your first blog and what inspired you to do so?

This is my first blog that I really kept up with. I won't count my one post try at livejournal ages ago. Anyways, I started this newfangled blogging thing on October 25, 2004.
I temember that I was spending a whole lot of time glued to my computer that week, stressing about the election. (sigh).
I was inspired to do so by reading Dijanne Cevaal, a friend I knew from on an online quilt/fiber arts list community. I was having trouble with updating my website regularly, and I thought this might "fill in" and also be able to show process photos and dialog too.


Do you have more than one blog? Why? How are they different?

I have one that I was keeping up last year as part of doing the Daily Devotions challenge, making art everyday. I did make art everyday (or awfully close to it), but I didn't keep up the blog completely. High Fiber Content Daily Devotions. I also am a contributor to a few blogs, like Create a Connection, Wardrobe Refashion (as part of signing up for the challenge!), Self Portrait Challenge, and the moribund Simple Still Life.


How would you characterize your blog?CreativePoliticalInformationalCommunity-orientedOr something else?

I would say it is ME oriented. And I am creative and political and hopefully informative and somewhat community-oriented. So, um, yes?!


To paraphrase Oprah, what is "one thing you know for sure" about blogging?

You never ever know who is reading your blog. People from around the world, or down the street. So make sure that you remember that when you post.


Is it important to you to get feedback in terms of comments or pings? Why or why not?

Some posts I don't expect feedback, or even want it. But when I post a picture of new art that I've made or a poem that I've worked hard on, it is really nice to hear some comments.


What 3 blogs would you recommend to our readers and why?

Lately I'm having fun reading :

Neil Gaiman lately, he is such a great author and general creative person, plus he is a real person, who is funny and has bees!


Passive-Agressive Notes - I forget how I found this one, but it reminds me of how very glad I no longer work out in the corporate world, or live in a dorm, or have roomates!


GiveAway of the Day - I know I don't need more software (just ask my groaning computer), but this is freeeeeee. And possibly useful! At some point.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your three blog recommendations sound great - I'll be checking them out!

And you are so right about never knowing who reads....

Thanks for playing!

Anonymous said...

Great to have a chance to get to know you better! I noticed you live in Boulder Creek, a place I've spent some time. We had summer vacations in a cabin there when I was a child. Now my brother lives a few miles from that town, in a remote location in the hills. What a beautiful place to be! Because of my great vacation memories there I always wanted to live in a mountain cabin, which I've now been doing for the last seven years here in Happy Camp in far-northern CA near the Oregon border.

Tammy Brierly said...

I've had to slow down but I miss SPC. Great questions and wonderful answers with links...yay!