Wednesday, October 20, 2021

Layers of Stitch

There was a small piece hanging around that I'd pinned together way back when I was first pulling together solids to use in the Kitchen Sink Quilt. It happened as an accidental design when I laid out the strips I'd cut out. 
I got it sandwiched up and then realized that orange was too see-through compared to everything else. I put a piece of batting behind it and all was well. 


First up, an edge to edge perpendicular grid of light blue, just to get everything held down.

There's a few tucks here and there, but that'll be okay once I'm done stitching.
It definitely needs more stitching, and I don't want to do the zig-zag the raw edges thing. I'm liking the thread-i-ness of this so far.
The next color I added is a darker teal-ish green, but this time from corner to corner. Note that none of this is marked, all eye-balled.
It's looking a lot closer to done.

I think another color is needed.
So why not a layer of orange grid too? The whole thing is very flat now. But I think I might add a shade of yellow too.
 

No comments: