Monday, October 18, 2021

Initial Ink Experiment


I finally tried out the Infusible Ink pens I bought to use with my Cricut. This is the back of a piece of  white printer paper that has the design inked on it by the machine. I noticed that it actually bled through onto the sticky mat a little bit. I guess I have to figure out how to clean that ink off before I use that mat again.

Then I ironed it onto the turquoise fabric. It definitely transferred, but it's a lot of steps lighter than the image on the paper. My iron probably doesn't get hot enough. Of course they sell an additional pressing gizmo that gets hotter, and nope not buying that.

I'm glad that I remembered to use a press cloth because it bled through to the other side and it would have gotten the ink on my iron.

I'm going to try this with another iron that we have that I know gets to a higher temperature than my Oliso iron does. I might also try our paint-stripping heat gun to see if I can get it hot enough to really transfer. 
Hopefully without setting anything on fire or scorching the material.

 

No comments: