Tuesday, October 12, 2021

Almost Disaster Letters

Here's a little more about the letters for the Remembrance Project. This shows the difference between the color of the card stock and the fabric. 

I followed all the directions to cut pre-fused fabric, but for some reason, it didn't work out. Fabric pre-fused, with the paper still on, fabric side down, on the pink fabric mat (below).
As it cut, the paper layer separated and started getting dragged around, but it kept going. It didn't seem to be a catastrophic thing so I let it keep going. But yikes on bikes, right?!

I was surprised to find that most of the letters survived or were close enough to use. I have a feeling that Steam-a-Seam is not what this is calibrated for, probably one of the thicker ones like Heat n' Bond or something would work. The paper on Steam-a-Seam always comes off very easily instead of being really stuck on like the others.
 

2 comments:

Jaye said...

Interesting problem. I am sure there is a comparison of fusibles somewhere on the web. Good for you for letting it be. Very brave! you must have been scared!

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

Yes, I think I read one that listed out various combinations, and I need to find it again before I try cutting fusible fabric out again. It was a bit scary at one point, I almost shut it down.