Thursday, February 04, 2021

Safe at Home- More Backing Work

 

I pulled out my Safe At Home bits and bobs and sewed together a bunch of the half square triangles into various sorts of blocks to put on the back of the quilt.
There were a lot of options and it was fun to play around with the pre-made pieces.
If the strip had been the same size as the HST I might have gone with this idea.

Here's what I've got put together so far. There's a whole lot of strips of the various colors used in the quilt top that are cut out that I'm going to sew together in a hopefully interesting manner. Maybe I'll just do a bunch of log cabins or one giant log cabin like the Lone Round Robin idea.

3 comments:

Jaye said...

This answers my question from the Design Wall Sunday post. I can't believe the blocks are from leftovers! They look like part of the quilt. I think you will enjoy this back. AND the quilt!

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

I haven't worked on assembling the back yet, I'm going back and forth on trying to use up all the pieces left over or just throwing in big chunks to make up the rest fabric required for the back.

Jaye said...

Big Chunks! It'll be faster and easier to quilt if you quilt it yourself. You can use favorite large print fabrics.