Monday, February 15, 2021

Getting Photo Ready

 To prepare for one of the classes I'm taking at QuiltCon Together this week, Bias Tape Mastery with Latifah Saafir, I've been searching through my pictures for some curvy inspiration. 



I took this picture yesterday at Quail Hollow Ranch where we went for a short hike. I really like the arching gentle curves and how they overlap. 


In SnapSeed I fooled around with it and made it into a black and white, sort of cartoonish image to make the curves really pop out even more. I'm going to transform this into a plan for my quilt that I'm going to make in class.

I also might incorporate some of the curves from the trail map of the park as well.

2 comments:

Jaye said...

Great idea to use bias tape. The curves in this photo are really great

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

I'm having fun trying to replicate the curves in my design work. It's hard, the trees have a lot more practice than I do.