Friday, February 12, 2021

Handwork Supplies

Recognizing the upcoming increase in my handwork efforts I did a mini online shop for new supplies to make it easier. I can't resist a coupon sometimes, and "they" seem to know it. As part of the QuiltCon Together experience, we've gotten some great offers from the sponsors and vendors, one of which was from Brooklyn Haberdashery



I ordered two things that were irresistible to me. A ruby red leather scissors sheath.

And a magnetic ceramic button by Cohana, in this lovely sage green. My plan is to use it as a needle rest because I'm always losing my needle when I set down my handwork.

3 comments:

Jaye said...

OOOHH!! I love Brooklyn Haberdashery items. They had some bags (as if I need more bags!!!) that I almost couldn't resist.

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

They had such a cute set up in their booth at QuiltCon. The bags they have are cool, I'm resisting buying the Rice Bag pattern (but just barely)

Jaye said...

It looks like they only have a kit for it now. It doesn't look like a difficult bag.I am sure you could figure out how to make it. This one isn't as well styled: https://www.allfreesewing.com/Bags-and-Purses/Traditional-Japanese-Rice-Bag but it is free. Looks like a similar design. Do you like the shape or the fabrics from which it is made?