Thursday, February 11, 2021

All The Way Round

I made it all the way around the outside of my Kawandi, with one line of stitching, so I put it up on the design wall to see how it was looking. And yes, my quilt rectangle was intentionally not quite a rectangle as per usual. I guess that I like it that way. I'm finding it fun to hand-quilt, piece and design all at once.
The green thread that I chose looks pretty nice on this fuchsia silk. So my stitches on the edge aren't exactly the most even or straight, I'm working on it.
The second line of stitching was quite a bit easier to do as Sujata said it would be.
And I ordered my teacher's book from her website, Cultural Fusion Quilts. It's got a lot of blocks that I like and many inspirations from cultures around the world.
All the tools, this is going to be a fun project that will keep me stitching for a while. Wow, do I ever like this Spagetti thread, it's so smooth and easier to stitch with.  
 

3 comments:

Jaye said...

Good to know about the Spagetti thread. Love the look of the quilt. I have been interested in the idea since I saw Gerre D make one and talk about it at BAM. I have two handwork projects so I am not allowing myself to start any new handwork projects.

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

It would be a fun alternative to EPP, very different sort of hand stitching. When you want to try it, I can walk you through the steps.

Jaye said...

Does it have a back as you stitch or do you put the back on later?