Friday, October 11, 2019

New table

One of my two tables has never been ideal. It’s a drafting table and I’ve always liked the size of it, but the height isn’t adjustable. It’s too tall when I’m sitting down. And it’s way too short when I stand up to rotary cut. But now there are these newfangled height adjustable tables. I talked myself out of splurging on one, but then my husband insisted. Primarily because he saw one for sale at Costco and secondly because I was complaining about my back hurting after doing a bunch of cutting.
 So here it is at standing and rotary cutting height, it can remember four heights and has usb charging outlets. It’s glass topped and the controls are on the lower right hand corner. Like a mini built in touch screen. It feels so space age!

And here it is lowered down to sitting level. It’s not the same size or shape of the drafting table so I’ve had to move a lot of stuff around. But it’s a huge improvement in my workspace. Now if the power would come back on! It’s been a couple days and I’m itching to sew again!

2 comments:

Jaye said...

WOW!! That looks really great! I can't wait to hear how you really like it when you do a lot of cutting. If I had more space, I might consider one.

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

It is great, so far I love it a lot. I used it for cutting and drawing yesterday. Meg doesn't like it because it's hovering over her bed, but she'll just have to deal.