Saturday, October 26, 2019

Body Double Binding

 I was deciding on binding fabric for a quilt I've working on finishing up, Body Double. It's sun-printed with Setacolor, gray, pink and a bit blueish. It has dark bits and lighter bits, and lots of shading. The grey tends to the brown side of things. So I decided on the Grunge Dots fabric as I thought it suited that color way a bit better than the more charcoal-fish one.
I think it looks pretty great so far before stitching it on the quilt.

And that's the last thing I'll get done on the sewing machine before the power gets shut off in an hour or so, depending on when PG&E decides to throw us back into the stone-age.

2 comments:

Jaye said...

I agree that the Grunge dots looks the best with the other fabrics. Is the binding done? You are REALLY on fire!!!

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

Yeah, it's a weird grey pink almost brown and blue in some places, so the Grunge worked out. The binding isn't done, I still have to trim the quilt to size and sew it on. So not so much on fire, more a low roiling boil.