Monday, May 24, 2010

Fish Party!

I finally got the comfort quilts done for the Downy Touch of Comfort project.
Isn't that label cool?I decided to call this one, "Fish Party!"Here's the second quilt that I made with my own fabrics (the other one was from the quilt that the project sent me). I don't have many commercially produced solids, I just don't buy them for some reason. So I used some of my dyed fabrics that were in good colors, pink and blue. This is one crazy quilt, mostly because of the psychedelic frogs in the border.
I'm glad I finally got to use some of this rainbow cat fabric again, the expressions are so true to life. It was fun making these two small crib sized quilts. I hope the kids who get these quilts enjoy them and that they do end up bringing some comfort to them!
You can still sign up to make one here, they'll send you a free kit.

1 comment:

Jaye said...

Fabulous! Yes, I like the label. The four patches are great! Thanks for helping out!