Saturday, May 31, 2008

Passion for Purple, Another Layer


More work on the Passion for Purple project. Here are Jaye's background purple squares, which have the first circle from Adrienne. Now I get to add the second circle.This is what it looks like with the second circle added. I started out cutting up fabric and realized that I was choosing the exact same ones as the circles I had added to Adrienne's backgrounds. Too much of the same fabric will kill the look we're going for, so I pulled out some different boxes, pink and blue and greens. More variety, that's a better choice.
Now they're off to Jaye for the final 3rd circle. This is going to be a fun project to put together, I am loving working with all this purple. I find it both soothing and invigorating at the same time.

3 comments:

quiltcontemplation blogspot said...

oooooo pretty! the second circles add soo much!

Donna said...

looking great! Love how you share around the blocks so much -- my small group just shared backgrounds and then we shared the completed squares we made....

jovaliquilts said...

These are looking grand!