Saturday, June 17, 2006

Countdown Meme

This is a really loooong meme I got from DebR.

TEN random things you might not know about me:
1. I save wine corks.
2. I don't know why, but they get used eventually.
3. I have an empty of fish, yet full of water fish tank next to my computer.
4. The fish died 4 months ago.
5. I always look for excuses to take the long way home.
6. I'm too easygoing and piss off my husband when I won't make decisions.
7. Pink hard crumbly erasers really make me mad.
8. I don't take good enough care of my feet which is why I don't wear cute sandals like DebR.
9. I love the number 9!
10. I wish my birthday was in June.

NINE places I've visited:
(I'm changing this to places that I want to go back to!)
1. La Paz, Baja, Mexico
2. Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
3. Venice, Italy
4. Lake Louise, Canada
5. Coos Bay, Oregon
6. Lucerne, Switzerland
7. Rome, Italy
8. Barcelona, Spain
9. Glastonbury, England
10. Mykonos, Greece


EIGHT ways to win my heart:
1. Clean up after yourself.
2. Make me dinner.
3. Arrange an outing someplace.
4. Make me go.
5. Laugh at my jokes.
6. Remind me to take care of myself.
7. Accept my help in the spirit it is offered.
8. Show people, places, animals, plants that I love compassion, real true compassion.


SEVEN things I want to do before I die:
1. Go to Europe with my children and husband.
2. Go to Australia, especially to snorkel in the Great Barrier Reef.
3. Go to Egypt to see the pyramids and cruise on the Nile.
4. Go to New Zealand and take the LOTR tour.
5. Climb Mt. Whitney once more.
6. Tell everyone I care about, how much and why and what they've meant to me.
7. Learn to play piano, keyboard or guitar.

SIX things I'm afraid of:
1. My children or husband being hurt or killed.
2. Nuclear war.
3. Virus Plague (think The Stand by Stephen King).
4. Scorpions.
5. Uneducated, well-armed, fanatics in organized groups.
6. Complacency of the US populace.

FIVE things I don't like:
1. Canned Vegetables.
2. The inescapable pain I'm in, all day,every day.
3. Not being able to physically do what I want anymore.
4. People who don't pay attention, and don't VOTE!
5. Know-it-alls who don't know nothin' 'bout nothin'.

FOUR ways to turn me off:
1. Make fun of my choices that you may not understand.
2. Make me listen to country and western music.
3. Not accept responsibility for your actions and their consequences, good or bad.
4. Never return what you borrowed from me.


THREE things I do every day:
1. Kiss my children and husband and tell them I love them.
2. Read
3. Make a mess.

TWO things that make me happy:
1. Playing or talking with my kids.
2. Making some art.

ONE thing on my mind right now:
1. Getting myself ready to go to a family party with all my favorite people who will be there (except my husband who is on a plane to Japan yet again), and reembering all the stuff I'm supposed to bring (like my Father's Day pressie for my Dad!).

pshew! That was a long one. Tag you're it if you made it to the end. C'mon you know you wanna blab about yourself. Leave me a not in comments if you do, okay?!

3 comments:

Crafty Missus said...

there's a tour for lotr!!!!!?!!!
how exciting! if you go i want to come too!!

Karrel said...

http://360.yahoo.com/karrelbuck
I did it - you can view it on my latest blog - see link. Thanks

MsT said...

Julie, I posted mine today, thanks for the inspiration.