Friday, October 07, 2005

Point-of-View Gun


Do you know what we really need to come out of movie-land into the so-called "real world"? The Point-of-View Gun from "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy."
You shoot it at someone and they instantly see things from your point of view.
Wouldn't that be nice?
It would solve so many problems we all face, all day, every day.

But of course it doesn't work on women, since we women supposedly already have that functionality built in. Although, I can think of a lot of women that have suppressed that instinct....not naming names, but think of the most intolerant types around, the loudest ones in my experience tend to be women.
I spend so much of my mothering time and energy focusing on getting my boys to understand all the points of view in an issue or argument. Honestly I don't know if it helps or not, seems to sometimes, but not if they're really gone into that too-mad. I feel that I am playing the role of the interpreter.

Well, I looked it up on Wikipedia (could waste all day on that site!), and there is a celebratory day having to do with THHGTTG, Towel Day, May 25th. Better put that in the calendar for next year, and whatever you do, don't forget your towel!

Whever you need the answer, remember, 42...............................................

1 comment:

Gerrie said...

Oh! i would use this on W and the supremes!!