Monday, June 28, 2021

Sister's Quilting Done

Always the question, go for contrast or not with quilting thread. I chose not as much contrast as there is already a lot going on with this quilt.

I think I hit a good balance.
I was going to add some hand stitching on the center part, but I think I like how it looks with this much quilting.


I was worried that the super heavily pieced borders would be tough to quilt through, but my machine  didn't have any trouble.
The quilting on this border fabric is really invisible, but I like how the color blends in so well.


Used some machine embroidery stitches.

 Now for the binding, sleeve and label.I'll post a final picture once I've gotten that all done.

2 comments:

Jaye said...

WOW!! Fantastic quilting!!!

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

Thank you very much. I had a lot of fun working on it.