Monday, June 14, 2021

Selvedge Sayings

 


Selvedges used to be quite boring except for the little circles or squares of colors from the fabric. But now, they're much more involved and well thought-out or even designed. I'm finding that I love the little sayings that are printed on selvedges these days, I think it's another thing I'm going to start collecting. Kind of like keeping fortune cookie fortunes. I think an assemblage of these would make a cool pillow or part of a jacket. Or a lampshade, I need to do something about the lampshade in my workroom. 

But I swear I'm not going to go as far as to make a giant circle skirted dress out of them or anything. Oh my goodness people are selling packs of random selvedges on etsy?!? I know I know, I shouldn't be surprised, but yet...I genuinely am surprised.

Sewing is good for the heart

Not all who wander are lost

There's so many more of them already in my fabric stash, but I'm not going to go through all my fabrics and cut them. As I use fabrics I will though. Maybe I'll put them in one of the glass block containers I usually put thread bits in because it would look pretty.


2 comments:

Jaye said...

Maybe cut a shape and sew the selvedges to that shape as you get them? Then, at least, they are not sitting around.

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

Oooh, that's a good idea!