Wednesday, June 30, 2021

June Cornucopia

 


Here's the June Cornucopia, a gathering together of all the links and resources I found useful or interesting  during the month.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Now that I'm spending more time outside, I need some personal shade so I might just have to make this hat for myself, and I think I'll draft a pattern that'll actually fit my enormous head using the tips from the suggested bucket hat pattern drafting video.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I enjoyed this great article on Quilting Arts about black gold/compost and how it applies to quilting/making.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Oh how I wish there had been an article like this for me to read when my trans kid came out to me. Chances are someone you know could really use this information.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Astonishing pieces of fiber art by Malin Lager, They're described as oil paintings with silk threads, they have the sort of richness and depth of oil paintings or some types of photo realistic art. I hope to see one of these in person some day. 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I found this article about the influence of the lights and colors of California on design very interesting, especially as a NorCal person. 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Not a great surprise, but my CPAP machine is unfortunately on the Phillips recall list. Just in case you or someone you love uses one, be sure and check it out. Now I get to figure out how to get another one that isn't possibly toxic and soon.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I really love this tutorial for "Stroked" Flying Geese, and the pillow made with them is adorable.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Memo to me: Use this super clear bench cushion tutorial to make the cushion for mom's bench.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

3 comments:

Jaye said...

Bad news on the cPAP machine. :( Do you get a new one?

I have some duct tape and tubing. I can help you cobble one together.

Kirk Robinson said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

Yes, it was bad news. My new one should be arriving next week, but thanks for your kind offer. I forget, does B use one?