Tuesday, June 08, 2021

Actual Rows

 


Well would you look at that, as promised, I actually sewed the building blocks (haha) into rows.

I quite like how it looks, so completely random, even the groupings of building and the sizes of the background pieces although it's planned but it still keeps the randomness going. This quilt top as designed has eleven rows of twelve buildings, so I'm 36% of the way done. 

As I move onto making more rows, I'll get to see how my original idea of using different background colors works out (or not). There are five buildings with the blue background that didn't make it into the rows which I'll use somehow to transition into another color. I also have a lot of the between building strips cut in the blue which may impact my decision on using new background colors. 

2 comments:

Jaye said...

They look like beach cabanas to me.

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

That's what I was thinking too, very cabana shaped/sized. Some people are making tree blocks to intersperse between buildings.