Friday, August 26, 2011

Autumn Is In The Air Fabrics

It must be getting nearer to fall, because these are the recent fat quarters I picked up when stopping in at Sue Dee's (my closest LQS-Local Quilt Shop formerly Judy's) to buy sewing machine needles. Because you can't just buy the needles right?   Those tempting fat quarters, they know how irresistible they really are....
 Also the iridescent fall colored silky bit at the top is from Bron who assured me I would know what to do with it...So far it is hanging out looking very pretty in my studio.  I'm tempted just to hem it with spiky fibery yarn and sparkly glass beads and make a pretty scarf, but I hardly ever end up wearing stuff like that.  I suppose I could do that and gift it to someone or maybe something else entirely,  suggestions?

 I  bought the top leafy print fabric to make myself a skirt.  The second fabric is a matching border print with birds on phone wires.  I bought enough to make into a border for the skirt, but I've changed my mind completely on that now.  So what to do with the bird print?  It will probably end up as a quilt back since now that I look at it closely, I really don't want to look at it.
And every sewing room needs iron fabric.  Shoot, I should have bought more so I could have recovered my nasty and ripped ironing board cover with it.  Guess I'll have to go back to SueDee's to see if they still have it in stock.

No comments: