Friday, December 31, 2010

Trying To Be Sunny Tangled Instead

 To close out this year, here is number 39 in the year-long series of six-word memoir quiltlets.  Hope your celebrations are as fun as possible tonight!

This one used the most ravely pieces of upholstery weight fabric (the light yellow), and I kept all those tangled pieces on the edge and even ended up referring to them in the six words chosen for the piece.  The two crossing pieces on top the blue and yellow are my hand-dyes, the rest commercial cottons.
 Words say: "Trying To Be Sunny
Tangled Instead"    Funny how these words kind of sum up the past year in a way...

3 comments:

Anne Huskey-Lockard said...

Sounds like my year too.....except your quiltlet makes it seem much more appealing!
I really enjoyed seeing these, even on days I did not comment. They must make a cool statement all displayed together.
Here's to another year of creativity and blogging, and all the goodies we need to do it right!

XXOO~~♥
Anne

Judy Warner said...

Hope you have a sunny 2011!

Jaye said...

Nice stitching. I like the one you used to stitched down the strips with the words on them.s