Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Reflective Self-Portrait Tuesday #1


The December assignment for Self-Portrait Tuesday is to produce an image using a reflective surface. This is fun, especially on a sunny day with dirty windows. I tried all kinds of things, and here is my favorite one. Held up a favorite picture of me at age 4 holding my baby brother, Vince, with the much more *ahem* experienced me in the reflection of the aforementioned dirty window. I like how my eyebrow expression is still the same.
A lot sure has happened in the world and in my life since I was 4. Kinda mind-blowing really.

5 comments:

Matthew Bamberg said...

I've done a self portrait with my reflection in a window. Another thing you can do is go into an antique store and find the coolest mirror that matches your taste and photograph yourself by positioning your camera a bit lower than face level. One more thing...find an indoor location behind glass and try putting your camera on a timer and set it on something still outside like a newspaper stand facing where you'll stand inside. Then go inside and stand behind the glass storefront and you'll get a cool effect, especially if the sun is coming through the window at dusk or dawn.

Deb R said...

HHhmmm...for some reason I'm seeing your written entry but can't see the photograph, even when I refresh the page. Weird. Blogger being cranky again maybe. I'll try again tomorrow. The description SOUNDS cool! :-)

Deb R said...

It's working for me now...very cool!

Meb said...

Love your picture.

Anonymous said...

This is an amazingly complex photo -- could be a book cover. Maybe you should write one to go with it! Very creative.