For Getting to Know You on Create a Connection,
paintergirl, has us answering:
The Infamous Proust Questionnaire
* Your most marked characteristic?
* The quality you most like in a man?
* The quality you most like in a woman?
* What do you most value in your friends?
* What is your principle defect?
Being forgetful :(
* What is your favorite occupation?
* What is your dream of happiness?
No pain anymore, freedom to travel in a grand style (ie a staff!) and good wine and chocolate.
* What to your mind would be the greatest of misfortunes?
To have my family perish all at once.
* What would you like to be?
A successful, prolific artist
* In what country would you like to live?
The United States
* What is your favorite color?
Really true purple
* What is your favorite flower?
* What is your favorite bird?
* Who are your favorite prose writers?
Barbara Kingsolver, Isabel Allende, Elizabeth Cunningham, Margaret Atwood, Kurt Vonnegut, Sherri Tepper, Neil Gaiman, Stephen King
* Who are your favorite poets?
ee cummings, Marge Piercy, Walt Whitman, William Carlos William
* Who is your favorite hero of fiction?
* Who are your favorite heroines of fiction?
* Who are your favorite composers?
Mozart, Aaron Copland, Handel
* Who are your favorite painters?
Frida Kahlo, Salvador Dali, Georgia O'Keeffe, Gustav Klimt
* Who are your heroes in real life?
That are people I know of: Jane Goodall, Kurt Vonnegut
That I know personally: My parents, some of my teachers, several teachers my kids have had over the years.
* Who are your favorite heroines of history?
Rachel Carson, Marie Curie, Molly Pitcher
* What are your favorite names?
Ruth, Rose, Lucy and Oliver, Gray, Vittorio
* What is it you most dislike?
* What historical figures do you most despise?
* What event in military history do you most admire?
* What reform do you most admire?
The establishment of the United Nations, not what it has become, but what it was intended to accomplish.
* What natural gift would you most like to possess?
Ability to Fly would be pretty damn cool.
* How would you like to die?
Packed for a trip I'm about to take, in my favorite chair, just like my grandma did. And not for a loooong time thankyouverymuch
* What is your present state of mind?
Tired of answering all these questions, but glad that I did!
* To what faults do you feel most indulgent?
Eating too much good chocolate
* What is your motto?
Currently it is: Do It Anyways