Monday, September 07, 2026

Many Hands

 Another thing I worked on at Super Sew Day was putting together the quilt we're making for one of our relatives. This is a non-official Quilt of Valor for a veteran. As you can see, our design wall was the floor. I took a picture of the row I was sewing together with the sashing in between so that I'd get the blocks in the correct order and orientation.
The work went by so quickly with four of us working on it at once. The sashing had been pre-cut which was very helpful. And the majority of the blocks were actually 12.5" which always makes these group quilts go together more easily.
I think these blocks all turned out beautifully, and I love the range of prints and solids that we all chose.
There was some rearranging happening when we did the horizontal white sashing + red solid cornerstones. Unfortunately I neglected to get a final form picture of the finished quilt top. The binding and backing got made as well, so that one of our members can do the long-arming this week. It will be a very quick turnaround which is great news.

No comments: