Sunday, September 27, 2026

Doggo Coat Finished

 

There were only two steps left to finish to complete the dog coat, adding the Velcro and the binding. This was very small binding, so it was a bit fiddly to get it on, but I went slowly and it worked out very well.
Before sewing on the "belt" and the velcro, I put it on Meg one more tine to make sure my triple try at measurements had been correct. It fit everywhere except the belt. I think the smaller measurement I got she was worried and so had sucked in her stomach with tension. So I had sew a little extension on the end on of the belt before adding the Velcro. Glad that I checked a fourth time.
The pictures of it without a dog inside are rather strange, what is this thing anyways? A quilt with a belt?
I used the new soft and thin Velcro as it was the only one in my stash. I had no idea I was mostly out of velcro.
She was snoozing with DH on the couch, but I woke her up and put it on her. It fits perfectly! And it looks so cute on her.
She looks rather unsure here, but she perked right up and went outside and then happily kept it on for the rest of the evening. She's got it back on this morning, I think she likes it! One of our cats freaked out about  it thought this morning, got all puffed up and stalker-y, he thought she was an intruder dog. Nope, just a cozy Meg, that's all.

Okay one more item off of the UFO list, hooray! This was much easier than I thought, there was no 3-D construction or fitting together of pieces. The hardest part was A) Finding the Pattern and B) Measuring the Dog in Question.


No comments: