Switching over to working on my BAMQ UFO challenge for this month, the Dog Coat I've said I'm going to make for many years. The hardest part so far was finding the pattern. I had put it somewhere it was supposedly going to be easier to find than where I usually keep patterns. Oh well, outfoxed myself again. I started out wit selecting fabrics and layering them quilt style and getting some basic quilting done before cutting the pattern pieces out. I'm using a Tula Pink print on one side, and one of my husband's pink Oxford shirts on the other. The fabric is perfectly good, just the cuffs and collars wore out, but Meg doesn't need those. (or does she?hmmmm?)
Instead of making bias binding myself, I'm hoosing to try the vintage Bias seam tape from my Grandma's stash. New York Fabrics, remember those? Back in the day they had way better stuff than Joanne's ever did. This pink will be perfect1
The pink reversible with print piece is the "belt" that goes around the dog's belly and velcroes underneath.

So far so good, I think this is going to work well for Meg.




No comments:
Post a Comment