Friday, September 18, 2026

Getting Spiky


The next clue I'm working on for the Lupine Mystery quilt involves making some larger block units out of already made smaller block units. Two sizes of HSTs and the HRTs combine for this interesting almost its own block. 

I only had to un-sew one bit that I'd gotten the big HST turned the wrong way around. At least I noticed before it got sewn into the quilt, right?  Before I sewed together the next few, I set up the elements in stacks that looked like the final product.

So spiky! I love the look of all the variations in the pinks and white fabrics. These don't look so great on my white design wall. I promise they all have white fabric centers. Interesting how they visually just totally disappear. The final blocks will have the four sub-blocks with blue sashing and pink cornerstones in the centers. But those haven't been cut out yet...

No comments: