Monday, September 28, 2026

A Halt to the Un-Quilting

 After a lot of stops and starts and frustrations, the un-sewing or un-quilting has been completed on the Bohemian Wife quilt. 

I made myself stop and not take out the parts that don't really show that are really not my best free-motion quilting ever when you look at them closely.

This Kaffe Fasset fabric is not very robust shall we say? I didn't want to "age" it too much with all the ripping out of the teeny tiny free-motion quilting stitches I had ended up doing in some sections I was honestly struggling with while quilting.

There, it's good enough, I'm not putting it in a competition and it's going to be displayed up on my wall, not really in a close-up situation. Perfectionism is a terrible trial to get through and let go of, isn't it? I really was pushing myself to get this quilted when I was still in recovery mode for the August BAMQ UFO Challenge deadline. If I had just stuck with the walking foot and not tried to do the free-motion with the same dark purple thread, it wouldn't have turned into such a work stoppage. Now that I'm feeling much better, more myself, whatever, and I'll make better thread color choices I'll go back in with free motion quilting again
Okay, back to quilting this again!


No comments: