Thursday, October 05, 2006

Poetry Thursday

For Poetry Thursday today, a body related poem. Thanks to Dover and DaVinci for the illustration.

Body As Temple
By Julie Zaccone Stiller

I am more than my body
My visible parts claim only the physical space
I am in here, inside this soul-temple
My container, receptacle, pod, vessel
I am seeing out through its' windows
My eyes have seen many glories
I am holding this pen with its' crabbed digits
My fingers do the walking
I am hearing the world with its' receivers
My ears hear more than is said
I am moving over the surfaces
My moveable temple always ready for the feast

2 comments:

Deb R said...

I like your poem a lot, Julie!

Karoda said...

This translates visually very well. Maybe we both need to look for an exhibit that features poets who quilt????? reading to the visual...visual textiles...I guess I'm in this frame of mind because I'm working with excerpts from my poems in scrapbook style quilts/