Saturday, September 05, 2009

Quilting Action Shot

Trying to take an action shot of myself while I'm actually sewing was much harder than I thought it would be. First I had to do my nails, natch. With some yellow nail polish that I finally talked myself into on the advice of one of my commenters (thanks Lesthook). This shot was with a flash and me pausing and pretending to be sewing while waiting for the self-timer to go off.
This one, which I like a lot better was with no flash, and the room lights turned on (and a light bulb replaced which made a big difference). But I didn't pause and stop while quilting, but I think it shows my hands in a more true light because they're moving. I guess I just wanted to capture and see the motion, and I was curious to see what my hands look like when I'm working. I'm not sure why, curiousity killed the cat and all that...
I guess it was because I was reading about carpal tunnel and setting up your workspace to avoid injury and wanted to confirm that yes, I'm doing it "right". So far anyways! As long as I sit up straight, no slouching and stand up and stretch after every bobbin...

2 comments:

Anne Huskey-Lockard said...

Love the pics and the nail polish! It works great with the fabric you're working on.
When I was doing the tute on the collage and shooting everything myself, that was NOT fun! I didn't have someone to do the shots for me....need to train a friend or something.......
You look great!

Jaye said...

I am glad you are thinking about ergonomics. I hope you can get a table that your machine can sink into someday. I'll bring my Flip tomorrow and take a video of you, if you want.