Sunday, September 13, 2009

Possible Gifts Being Considered

I was supposedly just looking for the new Quilting Arts Gift magazine, which was there and for sale at my local quilting store. There are some great ideas in this issue and if you're looking for ideas on what to make for people this year for holiday gifts I'd recommend finding yourself a copy.

But...I found myself a new thimble, see that red thing there in the center? Finally thimbles in sizes SML, and the L fits my gigantor digits. It is flexible and thin enough that I can still feel the needle, but thick enough so the needle doesn't go through, and it looks like a Jujube so I think I'm going to like this one. One of the things that makes me dislike hand sewing so much is not having found a thimble that works for me, so I get very sore fingers which are poked full of holes. No wonder I put off hand sewing, eh?

Two fat quarters that having nothing to do with each other or anything else pictured here, I just liked the white/blue woven ikat-ish look of one and the green one reminded me of maps with estimated data.

And a set of cord brakes to fix a pair of drawstring waist pants that I have. The cord stopper has never worked right and it bugs me, so I found these to replace them, hopefully it will fix the problem and I won't have to worry about my pants falling off unexpectedly.

Not exactly a glamorous wild-haired shopping spree, but still more than one magazine.

4 comments:

Anne Huskey-Lockard said...

You did good!
I'm looking for the new issue of Threads,(Oct.) as it has an article about glove making. Now, I don't have time to figure out if I have all my clothes on, but I want to cut out one or two pairs of gloves for winter (and still knit, sew and make art....yeah....).
So I wonder what I wil come home with by looking for the *one* item???
Love the thimble---looks like it would work for me. My hands are shot....if it didn't work, it would be good art-fodder! SNARF!!!

Sherri said...

Do you think grocery stores that carry Quilting Arts would have the gift magazine issue too?
Email me your address, I have something to send to you. :D

Gourmet Candles Distributor said...

Wow you did fantastic. I love quilts.

Sherri said...

I hope you have your blog set to send messages to you. By now you should have rec'd the package. The brown and black fabric was because of the green fabric you bought. I thought if you made a bag that the brown would be an interesting liner, coupled with the pretty green. And the 'zine is just something artsy fartsy that I won from another blog and thought I would share. Like I said in the email...nothing special, just thinking of you. :)